I’ll admit, I honestly just liked the way salt lamps look. At night it gives the perfect amount of light to have the lights off but still be able to see what is around you. I just moved into my first apartment and this is one of my favorite purchases. Shout out to Walmart here because they actually sell a wax warmer that is surrounded by Himalayan salt so its a two for one (this is not sponsored). When I first moved into my apartment it smelled stale with a mix of paint and cigarette smoke and between the salt lamp and my wax warmers the smell is almost entirely gone and I’ve only been here for about a week. I wanted to know more about these salt lamps because they are a huge trend right now and I found out several surprising facts.
- Salt Lamps Cleanse and Deodorize
- This explains why the cigarette smell, as well as the smoke smell, disappeared after a while of using it. It can also remove dust, pollen, and other pollutants from the air.
- Reduce Symptoms of Allergy and Asthma
- For those of us that have allergies, a salt lamp might easily become your best friend. Just above I mentioned how it removed air pollutants which is what is a major cause for both of these and so it helps to alleviate these symptoms. Just by having a lamp or two in your bedroom and your living room you will likely notice a difference. Less sneezing, coughing, and congestion count me in!
- You Might See an Increase in Energy
- This was a MAJOR bonus for me because I am always tired and my mother is also always tired. We both decided to buy a Himalayan salt lamp because of its aesthetic. I am still tired but I feel like it has made some difference because I am not craving that mid-afternoon nap as much. I also wouldn’t describe this a placebo effect because I didn’t know about any of this until writing this a week or so after buying it. I will keep you all updated if there are any changes.
- Better Sleep
- This kind of goes with the last because I may or may not get enough sleep. Like if I get 8 hours on a regular basis my body is like what’s wrong with you ya psycho, but if I get 6 hours my body is magically thriving it seems like… and then you have my brain saying don’t waste your life sleeping but also being like sleep allllll fricking day and catch up on the sleep you haven’t gotten for the last couple ten years or so. A Himalayan salt lamp cleans the air and the way it is chemically it makes it so that it essentially catches excess energy floating around which make you happier and sleep better.
I just have two around my place right now, but I love it and the benefits speak for themselves. If you are into the look there are knock-off lamps that aren’t as pure which provide the same effect. Buuut, If you want the benefits of a pure Himalayan Salt lamp I suggest buying a higher quality one. If nothing else, I should mention that they are just nice to look at.
Thanks for reading and I hope you had or are going to have a great day!
Disclaimer: All pictures were found on Pinterest and the credit belongs to the owners.