This has become a recipe I am absolutely obsessed with. I actually made is three times this past week aka I have problems. It is also super simple and because I prep individual ingredients on Sunday night I can throw this together super quick. Enough with my rambles, here is the recipe:
Makes 2 medium-large portions.
- 1 cup rice
- 10 ground meat of your choice (I prefer turkey or chicken)
- 4 medium carrots
- 1 medium zucchini
- 2 broccoli crowns
- 2 gloves of garlic (or pre-minced garlic)
- 5 tsp white wine vinegar
- 3 TBSP soy sauce
- 2 tsp sriracha (4 tsp if you like more of a kick)
- 1 thumb of ginger or 1/2 TBSP of powdered ginger
- 1 TBSP sugar
- 1 TBSP vegetable oil
- small pot
- large pan
- tiny mixing bowl
- Prepare rice according to instructions on container.
- While rice is boiling, wash and dry all produce. Thinly slice the scallions and separate the rice from the greens. Save greens as a garnish and add the white to the rice about halfway through.
- Peel carrots and then use peeler to cut carrots into ribbons. Halve zucchini length-wise and then slice vertically in halve. Makes half moons.
- Peel and mince ginger if using fresh ginger. Mince garlic.
- In tiny mixing bowl, 2 TBSP combine soy sauce, 2-4 tsp sriracha, 1 TBSP sugar, and add 1 TBSP water until it dissolves or is to your liking.
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in large pan over medium-high heat. Add carrots and season with salt and pepper. Cook until softened. Remove ad set aside. Add another drizzle and do the same with broccoli and zucchini separately.
- Cook meat in the same pan used for all of the veggies. Add in ginger and garlic and cook until browned. Then add 1 TBSP soy sauce and cook until the liquid has evaluated. Season with salt and pepper.
- SERVE! Split veggies, rice, and meat onto two serving dishes. Drizzle with sauce and then top with the green scallions.
One Comment Add yours
Now this is something different and it looks good !! I might have to try this sometime. Thanks for sharing! ❤️